Sunday, September 02, 2007

Social Networking -Thumbs up?


Myspace, friendster, linkedin, facebook...$5 for the next social networking site to get your 2.0 traction. Rupert's paying out...

Is it possible for businesses/"half-way decent motives" to benefit from this on-going phenomenon (loosely described as possible)? And if so, are you separating yourself from the 21 yr olds posting funneling pictures (21 is the legal limit as we all know)?

I've recently joined a new social networking community, Facebook. I chose not to wait 3months for the next one because it was spawned by co-wokers. Co-workers who I have the utmost trust for based on my own personal views.

I had a discussion over a lamb meatball sandwhich at Paragon recently about the validity of it all. There seems to be a number of different integration points that Facebook offers, but the question remains: Why should I accept an invitation to a new social networking community when the next best thing is not questioned but anticipated?

ps. add me on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=728217328

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you just hate that you are so 1.5 meaning we're too old to totally understand what the "kids" are doing these days

6:35 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

to many check-downs...I have 4 receivers wide open, but they're all unproven. WWTBD?

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home